Due to increasing demand of services in our shelters, we are delightful to announce a new job opening. We welcome Caregivers who want to join our team on a part-time and full-time basis. We are looking for professionals who have previous experience working with children and are able to work in Athens, Greece. Specifically, they will work in our shelters and work with the children who live in. The caregiver will be working under the supervision of the shelter’s coordinator and according to the Child Protection Unit’s guides.
We are looking for organized, problem-solving, multi-tasking, individuals who are particularly passionate about assisting refugee children and who is up for rolling up their sleeves and wearing the many hats needed to support the smooth operation of The HOME Project shelters.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Provide daily living assistance to our residents with a friendly smile.
- Escorting children to services, doctor appointments, educational activities.
- Support and encourage children in their everyday life.
- Motivate children to attend activities.
- Provide medication reminders and verbal encouragement and support to our residents.
- May also include basic housekeeping and dining room duties as needed.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Participates in group procedures and sessions for staff and beneficiaries and contributes in the planning of individual action plans for all beneficiaries
- Participates in weekly staff supervisions and team trainings as part of his/her duties
- Reports to the shelter’s coordinator and the THP Child Protection Unit
- Previous experience working with children and adults
- Shares our values and cares about the children affected by this crisis
- Is deeply committed to seeing this organization succeed
- Can wear many hats while maintaining a strong sense of direction and vision
- Has a problem-solving attitude.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Able to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Able to work various schedules and shifts as needed.
- Previous experience in working with a diverse cultural diverse environment
- Knowledge of the English language
- Additional Languages will be considered an asset
- Reliable, committed and loyal
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to [email protected] mentioning in the email subject “Caregiver”.