The Communications and Community Building Officer is responsible for promoting the services of The HOME Project through increasing awareness on online channels as well as engaging with the extended community of The HOME Project. The Communications and Community Building Officer will work as part of a multidisciplinary team and will be an experienced professional with considerable knowledge and experience in community engagement and communications.
- Develop, support and promote company goals, including message development, engaging with the wider audience.
- Create and disseminate social media content, online material and conduct media outreach.
- Assess the effectiveness of the organization’s digital marketing presence, make and implement recommendations to improve engagement.
- Engage with the public online where there are questions and inquiries.
- Organize and participate in events to build community and boost company awareness.
- Assist in the creation of newsletters, market research and quantitative assessment.
- Build relationships with external service providers and report on opportunities for mutually beneficial partnerships that progress The HOME Project toward its objectives.
- Provide support in organization and implementation of community-level activities of including community meetings, capacity building activities, briefings, community awareness raising and information campaigns. etc.
Who you are:
- Shares our values and cares about the children affected by this crisis.
- Is deeply committed to seeing this organization succeed.
- Can wear many hats while maintaining a strong sense of direction and vision.
- Has an exceptional ability to engage and communicate to groups of people, tailoring communication to suit a specific target group or age range.
- Excellent knowledge of Greek and English.
Required Skills and Experiences:
- High-level community engagement skills including planning, communication, presentation, facilitation, event management, evaluation, report writing and correspondence.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Experience launching community initiatives (e.g. building an online forum, creating an event series and writing an email newsletter).
- Knowledge of online marketing and marketing channels and tools.
- Hands on experience with social media management for brands.
- BSc degree in Marketing, Communication or relevant field.
- Previous experience in working in civil society.
- Native level of English and Greek languages.
- Experience with office management software like MS Office (MS Excel, MS Word, Outlook and MS Power Point).
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to [email protected] mentioning in the email subject “Communications & Community Building Officer”.