The Legal Services Officer is responsible for promoting the services of The HOME Project through increasing awareness on online channels as well as engaging with the extended community of The HOME Project. The Legal Services Officer will work as part of a multidisciplinary team and will be an experienced professional with considerable knowledge and experience in community engagement and communications.
- Conduct comprehensive intake, needs assessment, and determine unaccompanied minors’ eligibility for available programs and services.
- Inform unaccompanied minors about the basic requirements related to applying for various immigration benefits.
- Assist unaccompanied minors to complete applications for various immigration benefits and prepare these for review.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date files and detailed case notes on immigration services provided to unaccompanied minors, enter required data in a timely manner, and meet all case reporting requirements within established deadlines and standards.
- Provide legal support and representation for ad hoc organizational and administrative matters.
Who you are:
- Shares our values and cares about the children affected by this crisis.
- Is deeply committed to seeing this organization succeed.
- Can wear many hats while maintaining a strong sense of direction and vision.
- Has an exceptional ability to engage and communicate to groups of people, tailoring communication to suit a specific target group or age range.
- Excellent knowledge of Greek and English.
Required Skills and Experiences:
- Law Degree
- Licensed to practice Law in Greece
- 3 years working experience in Law practice (at least 6 months in project serving refugees and migrants population)
- Familiar with Refugee and Migration Law (Asylum processes etc.)
- Cross-Cultural Awareness
- Awareness and ability to work with survivors of Gender-based Violence and the subtleness and confidentiality principles that this entails.
- Computer literate & numerate
- Well organized and efficient
- Good interpersonal, team working & communications skills
- Understanding and willing to promote child protection
- High professional ethics, including abiding by rules of strict confidentiality
- Native in Greek
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken)
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to [email protected] mentioning in the email subject “Legal Services Officer”.