The HOME Project is looking for an experienced Mental Health Coordinator who will be responsible for the coordination of the mental health department as well as overseeing assessments, supervisions, training, evaluation and reporting regarding mental health issue. She/He will be member of the Child Protection Unit (CPU) and she/he will be in close cooperation with other members of the CPU team supporting children and adolescents through individualized development plans and by implementing appropriate therapeutic techniques.
We are looking for an organized, problem-solving, multi-tasking, individual with great attention to detail, excellent organizational and communication skills, who is particularly passionate about assisting refugee children and who is up for rolling up their sleeves and wearing the many hats needed to support the smooth operation of The HOME Project.
Key duties and responsibilities
The role of the Mental Health Coordinator includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Coordination of weekly clinical mental health meetings
- Weekly support – training – observation of mental health protocols implementations
- Daily support and weekly individual meetings with psychologists and psychiatrists of shelters regarding case management and assessment
- Weekly supervisions of shelter staff professional roles
- Coordination with external supervisors and constant observation of all supervision structure
- Weekly participation in the management team meeting
- Development of mental health monitoring tools and participation in staff training in collaboration with the child protection unit
- Weekly reporting regarding clinical meetings, supervisions and assessment of the situation of each shelter regarding mental health issues
- Ad hoc coordination in emergencies regarding mental health issues
- Higher Education degree in psychology, psychiatry, social studies, or other related field
- Master degree or higher in psychology or related field
- Licensed mental health professional in Greece with a minimum 5 years of post-licensure experience
- 5+ years supervisory experience in a similar role
- Prior experience in coordinating and supervising clinical teams
- Proficient with supervision and case management fundamentals
- Experienced in leading training sessions for professional development of staff.
- Lives in Athens, Greece and is a fluent Greek and English speaker with excellent communication and presentation skills in both written and oral
- Experience of working with children, adolescents and/or refugee population
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Genuine interest in the values and mission of the organization
- Goal oriented and able to deliver requests on time
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to [email protected] mentioning in the email subject “Mental Health Coordinator”.