The Shelter Coordinator will be working under the supervision of the Head of Child Protection Unit (CPU) of THP. She/He is responsible for performing a supervisory and administrative role, which includes the coordination of the shelter operations, the implementation and observance of applicable shelter operation laws, rules and regulations. The position also includes general supervision for shelter staff in conjunction with the Head of the CPU of THP. We are currently searching for an experienced, organized, problem-solving, multi-tasking Shelter Coordinator with great attention to detail, very good oral and written communication skills, and excellent organizational skills who is particularly passionate about assisting refugee children and who is up for rolling up their sleeves and wearing the many hats needed to support the smooth operation of THP shelter.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinates the daily operation of the shelter in accordance with the operational guidelines of THP, in direct communication and with the support of the CPU of THP.
- Provides direction to staff members regarding scientific methodology and code of conduct during the fulfillment of their duties.
- Responsible for the administrative planning, the financial management, the correct maintenance and update of the shelter’s files and archives.
- Manages shelter budget and assists in purchasing food, materials and other resources as needed.
- Performs audits of entry and exit paperwork to ensure accuracy and completion.
- Keep full records of the shelter’s operation and provide data to the CPU of THP on the basis of which a full report can be compiled.
- Provides cover and support for the shift teams and take responsibility for the smooth operation of the shelter.
- Manages and participates in staff meetings and volunteer teams, supervisions, and monthly trainings that the Child Protection unit organizes.
- Is part of the planning team for developing and operating the shelter.
- Refers to the Head of the Child Protection Unit of The HOME Project.
- Accompanies the children outside of the shelter.
- Undertakes some of the tasks of the social worker of the shelter.
- University Degree accredited in Greece in human services similar field preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in similar roles
- Master degree in related discipline will be considered an asset
- Has the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization and external partners.
- Trustworthy, honest, and team player
- Ability to supervise shelter participants with dignity and respect at all times. Must engage participants in positive interactions and troubleshoot problems as they surface.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Able to supervise sanitary conditions at all times in both dormitory areas, general areas, and food service areas.
- Willingness to work flexible hours as needed, and handle emergencies which may occur daily, nightly, or overnight
- Previous experience in working with vulnerable refugee population and especially minors would be preferable.
- Can wear many hats while maintaining a strong sense of direction and vision.
- Very good written and verbal communication skills in English and in Greek
- Experience with office management software like MS Office (MS Excel, MS Word, Outlook and MS Power Point).
If you are interested in applying, please follow the link and make your application via Workable platform.