Due to current demand of child protection services in our shelters we are delightful to announce new job openings. We welcome Social Workers who want to join our team on a full-time basis to work with the children and adolescents in our shelters. We are looking for individuals who are able to work in Greece or in EU under the guidance of The HOME Project’s Child Protection Unit and who have at least 2-3 years of experience with traumatized populations; experience with children is a plus.
The individual will work in shelters for unaccompanied minors located in Athens and operated by The HOME Project. Its core competence will be to handle the case management of the children hosted in the shelter and to ensure the proper conduct of all necessary procedures according to organization’s protocols and guidelines.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Ability to work rotating shifts
- Conduct case management and maintain accurate and current records of cases.
- Cooperate with other treatment providers to coordinate care
- Performs social work duties and implement necessary procedures when referral(s) to other services are required
- Be a focal point of communication between hosting and hosted populations;
- Taking part in weekly staff meetings
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Attend weekly staff supervising
- Attend monthly training sessions conducted by Child Protection Unit
- Closely cooperates with other team members, passing on the information and reporting clearly and concisely
- Reports to the THP Child Protection Unit
- University degree accredited in Greece in social work
- Specialty in child and adolescence would be preferable
- Previous experience in working with refugee populations would be preferable
- Familiarity with refugee and migration processes (Asylum processes etc.)
- Cross-Cultural awareness
- Awareness and ability to work with survivors of gender-based violence and the subtleness and confidentiality principles that this entails.
- Computer literate & numerate
- Well organized and efficient
- Good interpersonal, team working & communications skills
- Understanding and willing to promote child protection
- High professional ethics, including abiding by rules of strict confidentiality
- Fluent in Greek & English (both written and spoken)
- Understanding and speaking of French, Arabic, Farsi, Pashtu or Urdu will be an asset
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to [email protected] mentioning in the email subject “Social Worker".