Privacy and Cookies Policy
The HOME Project values your privacy, and want to make sure you’re aware of your options to control your data on our website.To this end, we’ve recently made updated our Privacy and Cookies Policy, to increase transparency and comply with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We encourage you to read this policy in full.
- Application of this policy
This Privacy and Cookies Policy applies to personal data controlled and/or processed by The HOME Project, a registered charity in Greece (32, Pindarou Street, 10673 Athens). It includes the following:
- The terms on which we process personal data contributed via the The HOME Prject Website (“the Site”); and
- Information on the cookies used on the Site.
- Personal data
In this Policy, the term "personal data" means any information or combination of information that could be used to identify a living individual.
- What information do we collect?
3.1 We collect and process various items of information that you provide to us. These may include:
- personal contact details such as name, address, telephone number and e-mail address;
- your preferences regarding information and events;
- your personal and/or employment history, specialties and experience;
- your social media accounts and related links;
3.2 We may collect information from other sources in order to ensure that your personal information is accurate and kept up to date. This data may be combined with other information that we collect and use for the purposes described in this Policy.
3.3. We also collect certain types of information automatically, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address or device identifier, your device’s operating system, browser type, websites visited before or after you visit the Site, pages viewed and activities at the Site.
3.4 This information is collected directly from you, as well as through third parties that you have authorized to provide such information.
- How do we use your personal data?
4.1 We may use your personal data for a variety of purposes, including:
- to provide services that you request;
- to communicate with you;
- to deliver information about us and the work we do
- to improve our websites and services;
- and for other legitimate business purposes explained below.
4.2 We may send you marketing emails on topics which we think may be of interest to you. We will always offer you an “opt-out” option, which you may use at any time you wish to cease receiving e-mails or other information from us.
- To whom do we disclose your personal data?
5.1 We may disclose your information:
- To other companies connected with us; and
- To companies we have engaged to provide services on our behalf, under conditions of confidentiality.
5.2 We may also need to disclose your information for the following purposes:
- To comply with the law or respond to lawful requests from government or regulatory agencies;
- Where we have reason to believe that disclosure is necessary to protect the safety of our staff, children we care for or the public.
- How long do we store your information?
We retain and store your personal data only for as long as we have a legitimate purpose to do so and in accordance with our data retention policies. [We will normally delete your data within one year of your last use of the Site or (if later) the last date when we send you information which we think is of interest to you].
- Your rights
7.1 You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- The right of access to your personal data
- The right of rectification of inaccurate data;
- The right of erasure of your personal data where there is no longer any legitimate basis for processing it (sometimes known as the "right to be forgotten"); and
- (in the circumstances provided for in applicable law) the right to restrict processing, object to processing, and the right to data portability.
7.2 Where the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before its withdrawal.
7.3 If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact [email protected].
7.4 You have the right to lodge complaints about the processing of your personal data with a supervisory authority, namely The Hellenic Data Protection Authority whose address is Kifissias 1-3, 115 23 Athens, Greece
8.1. The Site uses “cookies” to ensure the best possible experience for the user. Information provided by the user is stored and packaged into a cookie which will then be sent to your web browser for later use.
What are cookies?
8.2 Cookies are pieces of information stored in your hard drive by the web server of the visited website. The server provides the browser with a cookie to save. They are used to make browsing the internet an easier experience. Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but personal information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
What are the types of cookies?
8.3 These are used while the user is browsing. The cookies will be deleted once the session is over.
Third party cookies
8.4 These cookies are set by the visited site only.
8.5 These cookies do not get deleted even when the browser is closed. They are used to store the user’s preferences for later use.
For more information about cookies, please see the Interactive Advertising Bureau’s website: http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- In order to provide complete functionality, the Site needs your consent to store cookies. If you do not allow cookies, you may not be able to use certain features of the Site including but not limited to:
- logging in;
- receiving services;
- seeing personalized content; and
- navigating across the site.
We recommend that you allow all cookies on this Site.
- We may use the information we obtain from your use of our cookies for the following purposes:
- to recognize your computer when you visit the Site;
- to track you as you navigate the Site;
- to improve the Site's usability;
- to analyze the use of the Site;
- to report on content accessed and any actions taken on that content including: likes, comments, favorites, shares, downloads and prints;
- to prevent fraud and improve the security of the Site;
- to personalize the Site for you, including providing content which may be of particular interest to you.
8.7 Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. Please consult your browser reference material for further details. You can also delete cookies already stored on your computer. However, doing this may have a negative impact on the usability of many websites, including this one.
- Changes to this policy
We may update this Policy from time to time, so please visit this page periodically and review the Policy for changes.
- How can you contact us?
You may contact us at the address shown above, or alternatively by email to [email protected]